There were quite a few awkward moments from the visitation that I thought I would share with you.
– People just giving us hugs without saying who they are or how they know Mom.
– Dad asking, “Do you remember _________?” 9 out of 10 times I didn’t and felt really bad for saying so. I would recognize many of them but their names were not familiar. Neither was the description of, “well, they live in so-so’s old house over by so-so’s land, etc., etc., etc.”. (LOVE YOU DAD!!!)
– A young child asking if Mom’s legs were cut off (because we couldn’t see them).
– Same young child asking if her head was cut off and just sitting there because of Mom’s neck rolls.
– Watching one of Mom’s students try to grab her hand to shake it – this was just creepy (dead people feel weird)!!
– Random people that I didn’t know rubbing my belly.
– People telling me Mom’s death is harder on them than it is on me. Pretty sure its not!!
These are the ones that I can remember. Enjoy the giggle!
You have all been at the front of our thoughts and hearts these last weeks. Praying that you are enveloped in, and kept by That Love that first came to you in your Mom.
I’m sure there were many more “interesting” moments. You had a very long evening on Monday, and I’m sure a longer day on Tuesday. PLEASE don’t tell me I was a random belly rubber ;) because I do love pregnant tummies. Your mom would be proud of you, Megan….and I’m sure she is :)