Sadly, Eli did not have any tubes pulled today. He had a small air bubble in his chest and they’re hoping it either works its way out of his chest tubes or just absorbs into his body. It sounds like tomorrow will be the day as the surgeon (the decision-maker for just about everything) wants to get his chest tubes out and get him extubated.
We had a great number of visitors today. Thank you to those able to take time out from your schedules to encourage us and be with us.
Hopefully, he can be extubated today. If not, I hope that they consider starting to feed to the little guy either by NG or IV.