Family Camping Adventure

by Megan

Back in July we went on a camping trip to Lake Wissota State Park. Lake Wissota is near Chippewa Falls, WI. We invited our dear friends, Aaron and Leah Hintgen to join us. They even brought their daughter, Yuli and new puppy, Bear with. :-)

Here is our tent, pre-mess. Due to lack of space, we did not bring Noah’s pack n’ play. This was his first time not sleeping in a crib and the boys first time sleeping next to each other. It went surprisingly well. Better than I expected.

We had a ton of fun chatting, eating yummy food, watching the kids play together and watching Bear explore his surroundings. The kids did a great job of playing together and not causing too much of a ruckus.

The men and children preparing the fire for our dinner feast. Yum!

Chilling in chairs by the fire.

With two potty training children, Eli and Yuli, we spent a lot of time running back and forth between the bathroom. Or so it seemed… :-) They loved when people with dogs walked by our site. There was lots of yelling “puppies” throughout the day and evening. We did lots of walking around and went to the park to play…several times. Basically, Friday was our hanging out and catching up day. It took the kids a long time to settle down and fall asleep, but they finally did. Unfortunately though, they were up EARLY the next morning.

Eating breakfast on Saturday morning. As you can see, I forgot to bring any bowls. Oops!

We took a very, very long walk to the beach area. We didn’t realize how long of a walk it would be to get to the beach. All of us ended up carrying children at some point, for a long time. We’ll chalk that one up as “good exercise”! ;-)

This is what the bulk of our Saturday morning consisted of……throwing pebbles in the water and getting super soaked. :-)

Aaron, Leah and Yuli left on Saturday afternoon. We attempted to have the boys nap and they did for a bit. We heard Noah wake up, he crawled over to Eli and started chatting with him. Dave snatched up Noah before he could wake up Eli. We spent the rest of the day playing and hanging out. We did make a quick trip to Walmart for “the plug”, we forgot one for Noah and its needed “in case of emergencies”.

On Sunday morning, we woke up to rain. We played in the tent for a bit while the rain slowed down. In between showers, Dave and I scrambled to pack up while attempting to keep the boys entertained. We were home by mid-morning on Sunday. We had a great time and would love to go camping again…sometime.