Summer is almost over (finally)!!
Now, I know most people are very bummed about summer being almost over. I, on the other hand, am looking forward to summer being over. This has been quite the summer. I’m hesitant to tell people how my summer went because I don’t want to depress them.
Here’s a break down of the summer…
1. June – Noah had two double ear infections, one at the start of the month and one at the end of the month. He was a miserable little baby. But we got lots of snuggles in.
2. July – Eli had open heart surgery and was in the hospital for 2 weeks. It seemed like each step forward caused two steps back. Once his second chest tube came out, his whole demeanor changed – he was much happier, more willing to play and go for walks.
3. July (here’s a happy story) – the day after we came home from the hospital, Noah started crawling. He’s been loving his cruising mode!! He puts his head down and powers through.
4. July – Dave was playing softball in the church softball tournament and ended up break his jaw. He was a pinch runner (another guy was hit in the head with the ball and Dave made him sit down), he was sliding into home plate when the first baseman threw the ball to the catcher (who can’t catch) and the ball hit him in the jaw. He did the right thing and went to the ER right away. They did a CT scan and determined it was broken and that he would need surgery right away to set it in place. He ended up staying one night in the hospital.
5. August – Eli is healing quite nicely. He received a good report from the cardiologist. Noah has another double ear infection. After much discussion, we’ve decided to schedule him for surgery to put tubes in. If he is going to have a hearing loss, we would rather it be hereditary vs. infection induced. Dave is no longer working at FedEx. We miss the dual income, but we don’t miss the job. I’ve hated his job for years (their hours, his schedule, their stupid demands). Since Dave has been home so much this summer, he’s been able to get some work done on the house. We also had our first ever garage sale, we did pretty well! School started and it was a normal routine!!
Needless to say, I’m ready for school to start and for my routine to be “normal”. Well, as normal as it can be.